- James Macaulay has posted about finding illegal fish bomb blasts in Tanzania using machine learning and JavaFX.
- Adam Carroll has an a post about his Santulator app, giving some useful tech details. Amongst other things, he shows how JavaFX CSS can be used to give an application a festive colour scheme.
- Peter Rogge has released Lib-I18N v0.6.1.
- Marcel Schlegel has released JFXAnimation 2.0, supporting CSS keyframe animation for JavaFX.
- Gerrit Grunwald has posted about another of his great ‘Friday Fun’ controls – this time a nice looking odometer spinner.
- Eirini-Eleni Papadopoulou has written about Everest, a JavaFX-based REST API testing client.
- Pedro DV has released JMetro 5.
A quiet week this week:
- Don Laiquit has open sourced Crypto FX Wallet – “a layer working above the command line wallet of a crypto node. It handles just a limited subset of all the available commands.”
- Adam Carroll has published an article showing how to use the Java Packager with JDK 11 to package up a JavaFX application.
- Peter Rogge has updated Lib-I18N to version 0.6.0, which includes more unit tests and improved documentation.
- Peter has also released Yin-Yang 0.8.0. This application is a sample app that uses JavaFX features like borderless windows, multilingualism, animations, etc.
- RichTextFX 0.9.2 has been released. A few bug fixes and a memory leak issue have been addressed with this release.
- Adam Carroll has released an update for Santulator, which adds ability to import a spreadsheet containing the names of participants.
I’m back and well-rested after a week in Honolulu (although as it was noted to me on Twitter, taking kids on vacation is pretty much turning the vacation into ‘looking after kids in a different location’).
- Peter Rogge has released Lib-I18N version 0.5.0. This library “allows developers to easily bind
.propertieskey (values) to a [StringBinding]. So changing the language during runtime in a JavaFX application won’t be a problem anymore.”
- Adam Carroll has released Santulator, an open source secret santa present draw app written with JavaFX 11.
- Pedro DV has released JMetro 4.8, with a number of Metro / Fluent Design styles revamped or tweaked.
- GOXR3PLUS STUDIO has released an update to the media player / web browser called XR3Player (along with a video of it in action), as well as an update to FX-BorderlessScene, an “undecorated JavaFX Scene with implemented move, resize, minimise, maximise, close and Windows Aero Snap controls”.
- Oracle Code One was last week, and Kevin Rushforth and Johan Vos presented on JavaFX.Next. You can read the slides online now.
- Gerrit Grunwald has posted a color chooser control he built.
- Florian Brunner has made two releases of Drombler FX – the modular application framework for JavaFX.
- Pedro DV has released FXRibbon 1.2.
- Amanda Hinchman-Dominguez presented at KotlinConf 2018 about ‘Kotlin and TornadoFX: The Next Frontier in Modern (Meta)Programming‘.