A heap of links – enjoy! 🙂
- Slightly related, JPro have also announced their JavaFX-in-the-browser release. Unlike CheerpJ, I believe JPro works by having the application run on the server, and sends across SVG details to be rendered on the client. This places more burden on the server-side, and also results in some important restrictions (no FX event thread blocking for dialogs, etc, no statics in your app (because they will be shared among all users and clobbered or read in by different users), no additional stages can be created, etc). JPro host an array of demos running on their server if you’re interested.
- Johan Vos has blogged about creating a shell for prototyping scientific Java applications.
- Dirk Lemmermann has worked with a student team to create PreferencesFX. PreferencesFX “enables the developer to create preference dialogs with ease and creates well-designed and user-friendly preference dialogs by default.”
- Christoph Nahr has two posts this week. Firstly, a post about JavaFX being decoupled from Java SE 11. Secondly, a post on 3DViewer – viewing 3D objects in JavaFX.
- Mike Hearn has posted about building the React TicTacToe tutorial app in Kotlin/JavaFX.
- Jeff Martin has updated SnapKit Builder recently.
- GOXR3PLUS STUDIO have emailed me to say that they have “created a Chromium Browser in JavaFX and added it to XR3Player“. I was also informed about FX-BorderlessScene, an “undecorated JavaFX Scene with implemented move, resize, minimise, maximise, close and Windows Aero Snap controls.”
- Speaking of undecorated stages, Oshan Mendis has also created a library for doing this.
Hi all! Here are the latest links – enjoy 🙂
Apologies for being missing in action last week – I was in Shanghai and trying not to freeze 🙂
- Brian Hudson has a post about Kubed, a visulisation DSL for JavaFX that looks very interesting.
has released Lib-Validation 0.2.0
. Lib-Validation is a library for easy validation in a JavaFX / Maven application. New in this release is the constraint ‘NewDuration’ and its corresponding validator ‘NewDurationValidator’.
- Jens Deters has released MQTT.fx 1.6.0 with support for Google Cloud IoT, as well as a number of bug fixes.
- Altran Group have open sourced their Robot Framework TestFX library.
Can you believe that January 2018 is already almost over?!