Here we go again – this week there are a heap of JavaFX links, so I’m just going to get right in to it – enjoy! 🙂
- Kai Tödter has blogged about ‘Eclipse 4.x RCP + JavaFX Renderer‘. Of particular interest is the three screenshots, that show quite different styling in JavaFX that is achieved with minimal changes to the CSS.
- Mario Torre did a quick status update blog post about the work he and his colleagues are doing to allow for Swing to be embedded within a JavaFX scene. The latest post indicates that they now have proper focus support, and that they are next planning on adding keyboard events.
- In a separate post, Mario showed a small demo application he created that shows JavaFX creating 3D scenes (in the sense that you’ll need 3D glasses to see the effect).
- Roman Kennke created a HyperTree renderer in JavaFX. Both the source code, and a live demo, are available for your viewing pleasure.
- Niklas Hofmann has put up a PDF detailing the JavaFX properties and binding API.
- Rob Mayhew has blogged about JavaFX 2.0 layout using MigLayout / MigPane.
- Tom Eugelink has ported the bubblemark benchmark to JavaFX 2.0, and has some interesting findings.
- Lawrence McAlpin has blogged about ‘cooler javaFX kreations‘, which demonstrates use of animation, controls and FXML.
- Andre Hogenkamp has blogged about a (hacky) way of getting JavaFX 2.0 to work in Linux, whilst the official support is still forthcoming. It involves using Wine, and obviously has limitations.
- Bertrand Goetzmann has put up another video showcasing his Grezi application, this time making use of GraphViz to lay out nodes in the scene.
- Johan Vos and I put up a new release of DataFX, taking the release version to 0.0.3. This release has updated RedFX support, as well as the TableViewFactory class that can help auto-configure a TableView for you. I plan to continue to improve this class as time allows, as it is very minimal right now.
- Jyloo Software has announced the release of Synthetica 2.14 and SyntheticaAddons 1.6. In a separate blog post, Jyloo Software talks about some new JYTabbedPane features that are offered in SyntheticaAddons 1.6.
Well, that’s it for another week. Hope you found something useful. Catch you in a weeks time! 🙂