Here we go with another week of Java desktop related links. Seeing as I was on vacation last week, I most probably missed some things. Feel free to post comments for links that I didn’t include here.
- The JavaOne call for papers has nearly closed! Get your submissions in today if you want to present / attend JavaOne 2011.
- For people living in Brisbane (my current city) or Perth, Oracle is running Java Developer Days this week. Brisbane is on Wednesday, and Perth is on Friday. I was asked to present, but due to being too busy actually coding JavaFX 2.0, you fortunately get a talented presenter instead (Angela Caicedo). I’ll be there though, just in the audience instead 🙂
- Gerrit Grunwald has put up three posts recently around his SteelSeries project. The first post details a wrapper around the java.awt.LinearGradientPaint class that Gerrit created as a helper for the SteelSeries library. The second post announces the release of SteelSeries 3.9.2. The third post discusses varying gradients in quite some depth.
- Michael Heinrichs has blogged about creating JavaFX 2.0 properties. This is a good read for anyone wanting to get to know some of the new JavaFX 2.0 APIs.
- Andres Almiray announced the release of Griffon 0.9.3-beta 1, which sounds like quite an important release, fixing bugs that were introduced in the 0.9.2 release.
- Eric Wendelin presented on Groovy-er Desktop Applications with Griffon.
That’s all for this week. Catch you again in a weeks time with all the latest Java desktop links. I think next weeks post will be a very big one.