A relatively quiet week this week, but what we do have is great – new releases and new open source projects – great stuff!
- Dirk Lemmermann has contributed another control to ControlsFX (which will be included in the upcoming 8.0.5 release). It is called HiddenSidesPane, and essentially slides out a panel from any of the four sides of the pane when the mouse hovers near it. Very nice! 🙂
- Björn has developed a nice library that straddles the gap between JavaFX webstart and standalone (with JRE) deployment. It is essentially a small client loader app that can check a remote server for an updated version of the software. Again – very nice! 🙂
- Nathan Howard has a post about how to create a border glow effect in JavaFX.
Swing / Java2D
- Dave Gilbert has two interesting links this week. Firstly, he has announced the release of JFreeSVG 1.7. This release adds rendering hints to control grouping, fixes transparent color handling and adds element ids for the drawString() method.
- In his second post, Dave has code for how to do a ring plot in JFreeChart.
Catch you all next week 🙂