Welcome to another week of Java desktop links folks. This week there is a good bunch of interesting news and blog posts, so I hope that there is something here for everyone. As always feel free to get in touch with me if you have a link you’d like to have included.
- Eugene Ryzhikov has released version 1.1 of the Swing TaskDialog component.
- Jyloo Software have released SyntheticaAddons 1.2, which comes with a number of new components.
- Stephen Chin announced the first release candidate of JFXtras 0.7.
- Stephen Chin posted links to the videos from the Bay Area JUG Roundup and to Stuart Marks’ ‘Hands-On JavaFX Lab’.
- Speaking of Stuart Marks, he has blogged with some useful details related to applying styles to scenes. This is a must-read for anyone using CSS in JavaFX.
- NetBeans 6.9 was released this week, which has a number of good improvements, with some related to JavaFX. I’m actually finding it very usable for JavaFX, compared to earlier NetBeans releases which were a lot more rough. I hope this awesome pace of development continues! 🙂
- Eric Bruno has posted an article on the JavaFX JDBC datasource.
- The NetBeans folks have documented how to deal with ‘parallel application states and state variables in JavaFX Composer‘.
- Osvaldo Doederlein continues his research into the guts of JavaFX, offering his thoughts on sequences this week.
- I posted a simple example of using a cell factory in the JavaFX TreeView to create a CheckBoxTreeView control.
That’s us for another week. Keep churning out the good posts and news and I’ll keep linking to you. Catch you all in a weeks time.