Hi all! Welcome to another weeks worth of links – I hope you find something useful 🙂
- Daniel Fuchs has blogged about connecting SceneBuilder edited FXML to Java code. This is a really good overview for those of you new to FXML and JavaFX.
- Jim Clarke and Gerrit Grunwald have improved the SteelSeries gauges in JFXtras Labs to better support FXML. This is a very cool improvement – whenever custom controls are developed, supporting FXML is critical, so it is nice to see 3rd parties doing that now too.
- Speaking of Gerrit, he was recently interviewed by the Java Spotlight Podcast, where he talks about HTML 5 and JavaFX 2.
- Sebastian Damm has blogged about the JavaFX 2 GridLayout layout container.
- Geertjan Wielenga has written an HTML application that he embeds inside a JavaFX WebView, which itself it embedded with NetBeans. Despite this, he discusses how easy it is for these different technologies to communicate.
- Java2S now has a catalogue of JavaFX hints and tips. Well worth checking out if you’re stuck! 🙂
- Andres Almiray has posted a tutorial covering how to use Groovy and Griffon to build desktop applications.
That’s that for another week! Catch you in a weeks time 🙂