Hi all – welcome to another weeks worth of links! There are a heap of links, so lets get straight into it! 🙂
- Scene Builder 1.1 Developer Preview Build 17 is now available for download!
- Hendrik Ebbers has blogged about how he is working with a student on possibly implementing a Mac OS X native look for JavaFX. He has posted a video of their proof of concept, and it looks very good already.
- Speaking of new CSS styles for JavaFX, Alex Davies-Moore has announced the beginning of a port of the Zurb Foundation style to JavaFX.
- Dierk König has posted part two and three of his JavaFX abacus tutorial. In addition, he has posted a YouTube video demonstrating how Open Dolphin can be used to back client applications written in Swing and JavaFX, and how easy it is to port between the two client libraries.
- The TiwulFX blog has announced the release of version 1.1 RC 1 of their improvements to the JavaFX TableView control.
- Steven Schwenke has blogged about threading issues in JavaFX, related to the game he is developing.
- Pedro Duque Vieira has posted a mockup of a JavaFX calendar styled using JMetro. He is seeking feedback on the design before implementing it. On a side note, a DatePicker control is currently under development for JavaFX 8.0.
- Robert Ladstätter has two posts this week. Firstly, he shows how easy it is to support native drag and drop in JavaFX. Secondly, he has a post about ScalaFX – a DSL for JavaFX in Scala. ScalaFX is actively being developed at scalafx.org.
- Whilst at Devoxx Johan Vos was interviewed about JavaFX and Java EE integration (his area of expertise). In particular, he highlighted projects such as RedFX and DataFX.
- Leon Atherton has announced the availability of a PageFlow PDF viewer mode in their PDF viewing library.
JavaFX & Raspberry Pi
- Simon Ritter has blogged about how to build an SD Card Image For a Raspberry Pi Java Hands On Lab (based on his experience setting up for such a lab at Devoxx last year).
- René Jahn has two posts this week. Firstly, he has blogged about how to get sound working from Java on a Raspberry Pi. Secondly, he posted about how he uses Java and a Raspberry Pi to control the window shutters in his house.
- JIDE Software has announced the release of version 3.5.1 of their library of software.
- Andres Almiray has blogged about resource injection and themes in Griffon.
Catch you all next week!