Welcome to another weeks worth of interesting Java desktop links. I hope you enjoy! 🙂
- Another week brings another developer preview release of JavaFX 2.1, this week taking the build number up to b12.
- Brian Burkhalter, a member of the JavaFX media team, has blogged about the upcoming MPEG-4 multimedia support in JavaFX 2.1.
- Michael Heinrichs has put up another useful post, this week detailing when to use a ChangeListener, and when to use an InvalidationListener in JavaFX. This is very useful to know as there can be major performance repercussions if you don’t understand the difference.
- Dustin Marx continues his posts on JavaFX, this week detailing path transitions in the JavaFX 2.x animation APIs.
- It seems playing with TextField is popular now. Following on from Richards blogs mentioned last week, Thomas Bolz has blogged about has blogged about creating both a JavaFX NumberTextField, and a Spinner control. Dierk König has done a simliar thing, except he shows how he did it using GroovyFX.
- In another post by Dierk, he covers the basics about UI construction with JavaFX.
- The slides and code from Weiqi Gao’s talk at the St. Louis Java Users Group is now available online.
Catch you all next week!