Howdy folks. This week there wasn’t a lot of news in the Java desktop world, especially to do with Swing. There were a number of good JavaFX posts, which I’ve included here, and also a Apache Pivot discussion. Enjoy!
- Srikanth Shenoy has released FxObjects 0.1. FxObjects is a open source Enterprise JavaFX Application Development framework. The whole intention of the framework is to make Enterprise JavaFX application development easy, elegant and fast. There is a quick summary, and also a 50-page user guide PDF.
- Stuart Marks has blogged about ‘Missing Listeners and Local Overrides‘ in the JavaFX UI controls.
- Speaking of control listeners, Pedro Duque Vieira has blogged his event handling proposal.
- Patrick Champion has blogged about a RESTful client in JavaFX.
- One of the new features in the JavaFX Plugin for Eclipse is support for ‘Organize Imports‘.
- Mark Anro Silva posted his JavaFX animation demo.
- I posted two screencasts related to my personal SplitView project. At this point it’s a very early proof of concept only.
- The Apache Software Foundation asks “Have you met Apache Pivot?“. There is also further discussion over at DZone.
That’s all for this week – I told you it was a quick post. Catch you in a weeks time.