Welcome back to another week of Java desktop links. Hopefully we have something here that is of interest of you! 🙂
- The Silicon Valley JavaFX Users Group has announced the next presentation will be given by Richard Bair, Java Client Architect at Oracle. Richard will be talking about all things JavaFX 2.0 related. It’s on April 13th at 6:00pm. There is also a live stream for those of us not in the Silicon Valley area (which I will be on).
- Tom Eugelink has been developing using JavaFX 2.0 EA and has provided his feedback on the current API (which is very much in a state of flux still!).
- Artem Ananiev posted asking for a review request of the initial check-in for Cocoa-based AWT and lightweight peers in the OpenJDK. You can track the Mac OS X port status also.
- Christopher Deckers let me know that the DJ Native Swing project has had a new release, taking it up to version 1.0.1. This project allows embedding several native components (including web browsers, flash players, HTML editor, VLC player, etc) in a Swing application, and works on Windows, Linux and Mac (a few specific features don’t work on Mac though).
- René Jahn let me know that JVx has had a 0.9 release.
- Josh Marinacci has blogged about ‘buffering, roadmap and a new domain‘ for Amino 2.
That’s us for another week. Thanks to everyone who takes the time to email me links – keep it up! 🙂 Catch you in a weeks time.