Well, it’s been an eventful week over at FX Experience – the site was hacked and turned into a spambot, so we had to shut it down. Once the dust settled we brought the site back to life, but as you can see not without some collateral damage – it was easier and quicker to bring a new theme back online rather than ‘disinfect’ the FX Experience theme that had been totally overcome by spam malware. Jasper Potts did all of this, and even found time to create a new FX Experience logo.
Here at my site, things keep on keeping on, so lets get on with the news! 🙂
- Dirk Lemmermann and Carl Dea have been taking turns trying to come up with patterns to minimise the cost of properties. I linked to Dirks original post last week, but then Carl followed this up, followed by Dirk, then followed twice by Carl.
- Gerrit Grunwald has released an updated version of his Medusa gauge library, and he has also posted another of his very cool ‘Friday Fun Components‘.
- Gluon has done some work to improve the quality of the samples provided for Gluon Mobile and Gluon Desktop – they are now collected on a single page and have been ported to asciidoc.
- Christoph Nahr has posted about running JavaFX applications using the JAVA_TOOL_OPTIONS environment variable.
- Pat Martin has posted about running running JavaFX in a Docker container.
- Dirk Lemmermann has two posts about his CalendarFX library – one showing off the new MonthGridView, and the other showing it being used in action.