A quiet week this week. I’ll be travelling for the next two weeks, so don’t expect any posts from me during this time.
Apologies for not posting anything last week – I was unwell at the start of the week, and spent the rest of the week catching up!
- A project I started a while back is slowly gaining steam. The FXDocs project aims to create a comprehensive ‘book’ related to JavaFX. It’s all asciidoc, open for contributors to submit sections, and automatically builds new HTML and PDF output on every commit. If you want to contribute, get in touch!
- Sean Phillips was interviewed by Oracle regarding his work on using JavaFX to visualise complex data related to deep space trajectories.
- Version 0.3 of JFXGL, a library that provides “Glue code that allows you to use JavaFX in your OpenGL/LWJGL3 app”, has been released.
- Gerrit Grunwald has posted about formatting numbers in the Medusa gauge library.
- Dirk Lemmermann has posted an interview about a JavaFX application written using Gluon and other open source projects to target iOS and Android devices.
- Christoph Nahr has written about JavaFX chart coloring.
- Patrick Martin has posted a video detailing some of the capabilities found in Dex 0.9.
- Patrick has also written about building JavaFX user interfaces with JSON.
It’s May already. Crazy. Time seriously needs to slow down.
- Eric Canull has forked the FX Experience Tools and got the code working under JavaFX 8 / 9. For a reminder of what the FX Experience Tools are, refer to this blog post from 2012!
- Carl Walker has posted about Kotlin RadioButtons and enumerated types in TornadoFX.
- GOXR3PLUS STUDIO has developed a media player in JavaFX.
- Jason Lee posted about getting JavaFX ListViews to honour container width.
- Recently at Devoxx US, Gluon presented on ‘Building the MyDevoxx App with JavaFX and Gluon‘.
Sorry for missing last week – it was Easter weekend and my chore list was overloaded 🙂
- There have been a few releases of various JavaFX-related projects on GitHub (without, as far as I know, any blog announcement). These releases are for FXGL (A JavaFX / Kotlin game engine), ObjectGraphVisualization (a JavaFX app for visualising object graphs in 3D), ReduxFX (a functional reactive programming library for JavaFX), TornadoFX (a JavaFX library for better Kotlin integration), and FXForm 2 (a form generator for JavaFX).
- Edvin Syse has posted a video of how to use TornadoFX wizard from ‘plain’ JavaFX.
- Jeff Miller has posted a JavaFX Maven Docker image.
- Patrick Martin has released an updated version of Dex, his open source JavaFX data visualisation app.
Another round of weekly links – enjoy!
- Gerrit Grunwald has done another Friday Fun component, this time an image matrix control.
- Gluon has released JavaFXPorts 8.60.9.
- Pawe? Gaw?dzki has posted about ‘elegant JavaFX‘.
- Adam Carroll has released VocabHunter 1.0.20. This release includes a number of usability improvements and new features.
- Carl Dea has updated his post about building a JavaFX HelloWorld app using Java 9 modules in 60 seconds.